Weeknotes SE302 — We’re looking for Senior Delivery Managers!
Come and join us
➛ Check out the job ad and role profile here [closing date 12 June 2022]
As a Senior Delivery Manager at Citizens Advice, you’ll enable agile project and product teams to focus on the right priorities, work together effectively and deliver user-centred products and services that meet user needs and business priorities.
We’re looking for people who have:
- Experience of working in agile multidisciplinary teams to deliver high transactional digital products and platforms using agile methodology in a large and complex organisation.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of working in user-centred design teams, with extensive experience and expertise using a range of delivery methods, tools and agile techniques to deliver a variety of projects / products within scope, on time and of a high quality.
- Experience of working with and influencing stakeholders at all levels to communicate and negotiate successfully, protect and enable teams and generate commitment to shared goals.
The delivery team
We are currently a team of 16 and so far this year, as a Leadership team, we’ve spent a lot of time focusing on how we can develop team members outside of their responsibilities in their multidisciplinary teams. This has included:
- Moving to a flexible workforce planning model (enabling people to move into different types of teams as part of a rotating process, to gain new skills and experience.
- Creating areas of ownership (for people to take ownership of initiatives such as Team Health surveys, Progress Metrics, our Coaching & Consultancy Service to learn and develop)
- Using our Capability Framework — you can view the slides from a recent talk I gave at DeliverCon 2022 to find out more — ‘How we created a Delivery Capability Framework to develop our team’
Why else should I be interested in this role?
As a team, we focus on wellbeing, bringing your whole self to work, supporting each other and having fun! We’re a friendly bunch and it’s a really exciting time for us as a team.
Our Community of Practice(CoP)
We’ve got a lively CoP, which you can read more about here — ‘Creating a Delivery Community of Practice at Citizens Advice’.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI)
We want our teams to represent the people we’re here for and for our products, services and advice content to be inclusive, accessible and innovative. We particularly welcome applications from women and people from gender minorities, from black, Asian and minority ethnic people, from disabled people, from people with marginalised or minority neurotypes, and from anyone traditionally underrepresented in technology and the charity sector.
Lots of us work flexible hours, so our roles suit people with caring responsibilities, working parents and people returning to work. You can be based anywhere in England or Wales and our technology, channels, platforms and forums support our ability to work remotely and effectively together.
Q&A Session (Wednesday 1 June 10.30am — 11.30am)
We’d love to tell you more about what we’re working on, the roles we have at the moment and what we’re working on. We’ll cover:
- An introduction to the Delivery team at Citizens Advice
- The roles and teams you could work in
- What we offer — flexible working, a diverse and inclusive team with a focus on equity and great development opportunities
We’ll also allow plenty of time for Q+A so come prepared with all your questions!
Launderettes, penknives, creative writing and other stuff…
I went to see the 50th anniversary recording of ‘I’m Sorry I Haven’t A Clue’ with my parents on Monday night at the Royal Albert Hall and it was brilliant. We ate delicious tapas beforehand, cried with laughter during, and vowed to do it again after.